If you go to a wiki page in MOSS you will see something like this:
My customer wanted to have another link in the top right corner of wiki pages and to be able to create new wiki pages without going to the wiki pages library (if you go to the wiki pages library directly then you will have an option to add a new wiki page).
In order to make the requested change I followed the next steps:
- went to the "\12\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES\" folder on MOSS machine
- opened "DefaultTemplates.ascx" file with a text viewer
- found template whose ID is "WikiMiniConsole"
- selected and copied the whole content of the template
- created a new text file called "WikiMiniConsole.ascx" and opened the file with VisualStudio (I could use any text editor)
- pasted the copied text (the WikiMiniConsole template) into the new ASCX file
- added a few lines of code to the top of the file to declare it as ASP.NET control and to register necessary tag prefixes (I copied the lines from "DefaultTemplates.ascx")
- located the Template_Buttons section and added a link button to that section:
<asp:hyperlink id="lnkNewWikiPage" runat="server" text="New Wiki Page" navigateurl="/_layouts/CreateWebPage.aspx?List=%7B0A589486%2D5E83%2D4DBF%2D9607%2DFA218150B179%7D&RootFolderUrl=%2FWikiPagesLibrary" cssclass="ms-toolbar"></asp:hyperlink>
- saved the new ASCX file and deployed it to "\12\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES\" folder on MOSS machine
After that I had to recycle worker threads for MOSS site and finally I got the new link in wiki mini console:
You can download the WikiMiniConsole.ascx that I made from here.